ILC’s ‘Counselors & Leaders In Training’ (CIT/LIT) Program is an exciting opportunity for ILC’s oldest campers to be able to have the fun camper experience while also building their resume by taking on responsibilities & contributing to the camp community. This is a program that blends being a camper with some added counselor training responsibilities and a leadership component. At the end of their weeks in the program, these CIT teens are formally evaluated to be considered as a potential staff member in the future. CITs gain responsibility, practical experience in an activity area, leadership & teaching skills, service hours, & pride in their contributions. In addition to these experiential benefits, tuition for the CIT program comes at a discounted rate.
Working one period a day at an area of their choice with a counselor or head of department to assist on running the activity. For all other periods, CITs continue to follow our non-traditional programming and atmosphere at camp by signing up for their own primes and dailies and participating in camp and evening activities.
- Living in a bunk with other CITs – All CITs will have an 11:30 PM curfew
- Serve food during meals and help to clean up the dining hall after meals
- Participate in and help with evening activities and/or curfew time on Elkview with the younger campers
- Support a younger camper in navigating ILC.
- Opportunity to create their own CIT trip rather than attend the regular camp trips.
CITs will be formally evaluated by the kitchen manager, directors, head counselors and heads of departments – These evaluations are reviewed during the Fall after camp to assist the directors in choosing which CITs should join our ILC Staff.
To be a CIT for this summer, ILC community members must:
- Attend ILC for a MINIMUM of 3 Weeks
- Be 16-17 years old or going into US grades 11 or 12